Ra’ed Tayseer Suleiman, MD
intensivist and sleep specialist in Amman, Jordan
- A solo practicing Consultant pulmonologist,
intensivist and sleep specialist in Amman, Jordan since
- Medical Director of the Intensive Care Unit at Ibn
Al Haytham Hospital, Amman, JORDAN, since January, 2010
- Jordanian Thoracic Society Vice president since
- University/Medical School Bachelor of Medicine and
Surgery (B.M., B. Ch.) from Kuwait
University, Kuwait in January 1992
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences (B. Med. Sc.) with
Honors from Kuwait University, Kuwait in June 1988
- High School High School diploma with Honors in June,
1984 with a score of 99.2% (top score in the state of
- Fellowship Sleep medicine fellowship at Lahey
Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA from July 1, 2004
to June 30, 2005
- West Virginia University (WVU) School of Medicine
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA (Jan. 10, 2000 – Jan. 9,
- Chief Fellow at WVU (March, 2002- Jan, 2003)
- Internship/Residency Internal Medicine at Baylor
College of Medicine Houston, Texas, USA (June 24, 1993
to June 30, 1996)
- Jordanian Thoracic Society administrative committee
member from August, 2008 to August, 2010
- Assistant professor, Section of Pulmonary Diseases,
Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jordan,
May, 2006 to January, 2009.
- Pulmonary and Critical care At Huntington VA medical
Center (Marshal University affiliate- School of
Medicine) in Huntington, West Virginia, USA, from August
1, 2005, to Jan 31, 2006. I was involved in teaching
medical students, medical residents and pulmonary
- Intensivist/Pulmonologist at Huntington VAMC, WV
from April, 2003 to June 2004 (affiliate of Marshall
University- School of Medicine)
- Full Time Emergency Department staff physician at
Georgetown Hospital, Georgetown, Texas, USA (April 1,
1998 – Jan 6, 2000) Part time ER staff at Georgetown
Hospital (Dec. 1997 - March 31, 1998).
- PPD Pharmaco IRB member (July, 1998-Jan, 2000)
- Staff internist as Gabriel Valley Clinic in
Georgetown, Texas (Dec. 1,1996 - March 31, 1998)
- Staff internist at Georgetown Hospital in
(Dec. 1, 1996 - March 31, 1998).
|Certifications Basic Medical Sciences
Bachelor (B Med CS) from
Kuwait University, 1988
- B.M., B.Ch. From Kuwait University, 1992
- ECFMG certificate (day 1=90, day 2=89)
- FLEX in Dec. 1993 in Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1996.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary
- ILO “B” Reader Certification, March, 2003
(occupational lung diseases)
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Critical Care
- American Board of Sleep Medicine, 2005
|Honors and Awards
- Secondary School certificate with Honors in Kuwait
in June, 1984.
- B. Med. Sc certificate with Honors in 1988.
- Amiodarone Pulmonary toxicity- Review article
- Use of at home auto-CPAP in Obstructive Sleep Apnea
CPAP titration. A prospective pilot study and is in
progress at Lahey Clinic (study proposal in 2005)
- Head organizer “Pulmonary Year in review 2012”, a
local event for the pulmonary specialists in Jordan,
from April 5 to 6, 2012.
- Organized: ICU 2011, a workshop for ICU staff in The
Kingdom of Jordan December 6-7, 2011.
- NIOSH approved Spirometry course conducted By the
Institute of Occupational and Enviromental Health at WVU
School of Medicine on October 17-18, 2002.
- Contributor to Lahey Clinic Internal Medicine Update
course (Oct 15-17, 2004).
Contact Information Ibn Al-Haytham Outpatient Clinic Bldg.,
PHONE (work) : 011-9626-566-5495
PHONE (mobile): 011-962-79-999-5857
References Furnished upon request.